Bicycles available at each bike hub differ. Please check this spreadsheet for bicycle availability.
Markham Cycles Bicycle Lending Library in partnership with Markham Public Library is back!
Borrow a bicycle and other accessories for free using your Markham Library card! This year, we are hosting our lending library at our community bicycle hub locations and not at any Markham Library location. Find us outside under the Markham Cycles tent during our drop-in hours at our bicycle hubs. Check out our events calendar for our schedule.
Bicycles are be borrowed for 2 weeks at a time and returned to any of our bicycle hub locations during drop-in hours. Items are not holdable, are at a first-come first-serve basis and differ between our locations.
Terms and conditions:
- equipment can be borrowed for two week at a time
- equipment can be borrowed only during our drop-in hours at our community bike hubs
- equipment can only be returned during our drop-in hours at our community bike hubs
- equipment cannot be returned to any Markham Library location
- equipment cannot be renewed, instead you can return the item and reborrow at a future date
- borrower must agree to the Markham Public Library’s Special Collections Lending Agreement before being allowed to borrow an item
- if borrower misses the return date, late fees will be charged to your account of $5/day to a max of $25
- equipment that are two weeks late will be marked lost and user will be charged a replacement fee
- equipment that are returned with over $25 damage will be charged a fee for repair. If equipment are not returned, or if they are returned with severe damage, the replacement fee will be charged
- borrower must be at least 18 years old to borrow items
- maximum 4 items can be borrowed using a single library card (ex. bike, helmet, lock)
- bikes are not hold-able and availability are at first-come first-serve basis at the booth
- In an event borrower is unable to return borrowed items due to no fault of their own, they are to notify Markham Cycles through email or social media for assistance